It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to export/import entire project configuration ?

Riddhi Shah (3721518) | asked Oct 03 '12, 2:36 a.m.
retagged May 25 '13, 4:27 p.m. by Scott Rich (57136)
Hi,

I have my RTC installed and configured on my server A. I need to transfer RTC installation to server B as it has higher configuration. Is there a way in RTC to export project and import project ? So, that I do not loose my data and configuration done on server A.

Comments
Sunita Dinakar commented Oct 03 '12, 3:25 a.m.

We used Oracle as our database and there were provision to export and import at the DB level. This way we were able to continue business without any problems.

Regards,
Sunita

Riddhi Shah commented Oct 03 '12, 4:23 a.m.

Is there any way in RTC by which we can do export and import , rather than taking database backup and restore ?

Clement Liu commented Oct 03 '12, 6:01 a.m.

What's the version of your RTC?

Riddhi Shah commented Oct 03 '12, 6:17 a.m.

RTC version is 3.0.1.3

shruthi reddy commented Dec 20 '12, 5:18 a.m.

Hello Sunita Dinakar,

We are also using oracle database in RTC, could you please specify the steps to take a backup and restore of oracle database. Or is there any tool to do this.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
shruthi

Accepted answer

permanent link
Clement Liu (1.5k54349) | answered Oct 03 '12, 6:50 a.m.
1. Server rename is not supported until 4.0. Thus, Database backup and restore is not supported with your version of RTC
2. Export/import the whole project area is not supported. However, you can export/import the process template of your project area and for the data, create a query to get all of your work items, export it to CSV and then bulk load them to the project area on your new server.

Seth Packham selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
sam detweiler commented Dec 20 '12, 12:30 p.m.

watch out for workitem links, attachments, subscribers, etc on the export/import.
remember the workitem numbers will change so links by number will be wrong..

One other answer

permanent link
Clement Liu (1.5k54349) | answered Oct 03 '12, 9:00 a.m.
edited Oct 03 '12, 10:23 a.m.
Oops, I forgot to ask you if you can rename your server B to have the same hostname as your Server A. If yes, you can actually copy the JazzTeamServer directory on your server A to server B, and start up the RTC on server B, that's it.(Of course, you need to rename your server A to something else or shut it down to avoid DNS conflict)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.