It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to filter for All RRC artifacts in a PA?

long TRUONG (3654123147) | asked Jul 17 '14, 9:47 p.m.
 Can we get all RRC artifacts displayed:
  • By using no filter ?
  • Or to configure certain filter ?
Notice that when using filter by folder is used to display artifacts to include in the newly added definition of a ReqIF file, on the ReqIF tab:
  • Only artifacts of expanded subfolders get picked
  • And these subfolders have to be highlighted to be included
  • If All folders are expanded and highlighted, are we guaranteed that no artifacts are left behind ?

Comments
Taly Hotimsky commented Jul 18 '14, 3:57 p.m.

Hi Long.

I noticed you have several issues with the Search and Filter capabilities of RRC/RDNG.

I suggest consolidating all your issues / requests on https://jazz.net/jazz03/web/projects/Requirements%20Management#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=84182

It can be broken down on different  task for the specific enhancement as the Rational team decides to focus on them individually or it can serve as a centralized place for feedback if they decide to rework that capability alltogether.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Mike Jaworski (1.4k6) | answered Jul 18 '14, 8:31 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi,

If you are simply trying to create a filter which will return all artifacts in a project area, my suggestion would be to select all values for some universal attribute which is used in every artifact in the project, such as "Artifact Type" or "Artifact Format". To do this, you'll need to expand the "Filter By Attribute" section in the grid view, select "Artifact Type" (or "More attributes" -> "Artifact format"), and one-by-one select every value in this list. I have seen some cases in the past where an artifact exists in a project area, but has no associated folder, so to select all folders will not necessarily guarantee that all artifacts will be returned. Filtering on all values for Artifact Type or Artifact Format should guarantee that all artifacts in the project get selected.

Hope this helps,
Mike Jaworski
long TRUONG selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
long TRUONG commented Jul 18 '14, 1:55 p.m.

Thx Mike, 

Actually have tried Filter by Attribute: any of selected Attribute Type, and got all artifacts loaded whenever applied, however was hampered by an inconvenience and some issues (as below, will be fodders for another question), prompting for the question for a well implemented method intended for "select all".
  • Again have to click one by one entry to select all Attribute Types
  • When sorting (clicking header) a column, an all of almost 5000 artifacts returned a display of 2 items.
  • When trying going to last page (93 of 50 entry each), the display came back with no artifacts to display.
  • Each time have to go in editing the filter to reapply to get the list back.
Wonder if that stems from too many artifacts to display, as the filter frequently times out with error "The list of artifacts cannot be displayed ID CRRRW7611W"

Mike Jaworski commented Jul 18 '14, 2:03 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

That's correct, the CRRRW7611W message simply indicates that the result set is too large for the query to handle. You could go through the effort of doing some serious database/network tuning, as well as deleting unneeded projects and artifacts in order to increase the query performance in your environment, but unfortunately Views/Filtering was never intended to handle a query which returns thousands of results ... So I would say this is expected behavior. (Sorry I don't have a better answer for you!)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.