It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRC Change Reporting

Stephen Toop (10112223) | asked May 14 '13, 4:22 p.m.
RRC 4.0.1

Here is an interesting challenge:

We have a development team that have no access to RRC but have received word based exports of RRC artefacts. They have started their design based on these.

Now those (some) artefacts have changed and there is a new "finalised review" version of them.

What the development team need to know is what has changed and what are the changes within those artefacts.

Is there a way to generate a change report from RRC that can be exported?
I think i can see how to show what artefacts have changed - based on modification dates, but I don't see how to illustrate changes.

Perhaps export as Word and then compare two Word documents?

Any other ideas?

Thanks

2 answers

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered May 14 '13, 5:10 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Stephen,

You can run the audit history report which you can save in PDF or Word format.  The report will show the changes made to any artifacts included in the report.  The only problem you might have is that in the case of a primary text change (a change to the actual definition of the requirement), the report only contains a link to the history viewer for that artifact (which will only resolve for someone with access to RRC).  Otherwise, it will show the changes in the case of an attribute change as well as other changes except to the primary text.

If you use Rational Publishing Engine (RPE), you could modify the "out of the box" audit history report to include the primary text of each revision so that it can be visualized from within the report.  Hope it helps,

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered May 15 '13, 6:55 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
(I think this works but I haven't tried it myself): You could put these artifacts into a collection, and compare the collection with itself at a later point in time

Comments
Stephen Toop commented May 15 '13, 9:36 a.m.

This works whilst I am working in RRC, but what I need is a change report that I can send to external users who aren't lucky enough to be using RRC directly. If could save/export the collection compare results that would help.

So far the best I've come up with is generating Word extracts and comparing them using Word.

I think Benjamin's answer to customise the audit report using RPE might be the direction but I was wondering if there was an "out-of-the-box" method I had missed.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.