It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Rich Text paragraph save selection as new artifact

Patrick Paquette (371219) | asked Jul 30 '13, 11:56 a.m.

Let me start by explaining what I'm trying to do and what I've already done.

I've written up use case specifications in requisite pro, and imported them into RRC.

In requisite pro, I've tagged each "line" of the use case specification as a requirement in a word document.  During the import, RRC created these as expected - embedding the artifcat.

However, because it's an embedded artifact, its introducing extra indenting between lines (like a new paragraph, it seems).

Is there a way to make RRC rich text editor (and the PDF/word/html/etc generators) not insert these embedded artifacts with new paragraph, and just treat the embedded artifact as if it were on the same line?

Here is a screen shot in RRC web client:

Requirements Composer

It doesn't look too bad - theres' some extra spacing here between the lines I'd prefer to get rid of...

Here is how it looks when exported to Word/PDF

Export Bad

Notice the indenting is messed up and it's making a new paragraph for each inserted artifact.  What I want it to do is something like:

Export good

But I'm at a loss at how to use Requirements Composer to do this.  The closest I've got is to use modules instead of rich text, but for each line, it will still introduce the spacing when exported to PDF/Word.

Any suggestions?

Comments
Stef van Dijk commented Jul 30 '13, 3:03 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The extra line feed sounds like a problem we saw and fixed not that long ago.
What version of RRC are you using?

Patrick Paquette commented Jul 30 '13, 3:05 p.m.

Using version 4.0.3

Patrick Paquette commented Jul 30 '13, 3:10 p.m.

That looks like exactly my problem.  Looks like the fix is coming out in the next release, thanks Stef.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Stef van Dijk (2.0k179) | answered Jul 30 '13, 3:06 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Yes, see if this problem doesn't describe your situation:
RPE output has extra carriage return for an embedded artifact in RRC
Patrick Paquette selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.