It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Installing Design Manager on Existing CLM and JTS

Gan Yuen Jin (334) | asked Nov 30 '12, 3:41 a.m.
retagged Nov 30 '12, 11:01 a.m. by Jerry Shengulette (63914)
 Hi,

I am trying to install Design Manager (Software Architect) on an existing JTS. I am using WAS 7.0.0.25 and DB2 Enterprise 9.7. After installing the DM Server component, I deployed all the 3 war files (dm, vvc and rdmhelp) onto the same WAS profile which is running the JTS & CLM applications. 

After starting up the dm, vvc and rdmhelp application on WAS, I enter jts/setup and when I reach the register application page, it cannot auto detect to register application. When I click on Add Application, and when I point to the https://xxx:9443/dm/scr, it throws an error. When I manually enter the link on a browser, it throws HTTP 500 error..

Does anyone know why? I have followed the instructions to deploy the dm on WAR on the installation guide

2 answers

permanent link
Kirk Grotjohn (1.2k3) | answered Dec 03 '12, 9:14 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Did you install DM into the same package (in Install Manager) as the existing CLM applications?  I've not installed with WAS before, but was able to get DM working with an existing CLM installation.  In Installation Manager, you have to choose to install it into an existing package, and then choose the CLM package.  Hope that  helps. 

permanent link
Gan Yuen Jin (334) | answered Dec 05 '12, 4:21 a.m.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I managed to install the DM separately on an already existing and running JTS/CLM server. What I did was to deploy the vvc, dm and rdmhelp in WAS, then manually copy and paste the conf folder into the existing JazzTeamServer. This solved the problem.

Regards,

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.