It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Installing CLM 6.0.3 RM and CLM 6.0.1 QM, CCM, JTS in same environment.

Cameron McKay (571021) | asked Nov 21 '16, 9:54 a.m.
 Hello everyone,

I have a scenario that I'd like to posture whether it would work or not.   I have a client that currently has CLM 6.0.1 CCM, JTS, QM and RM installed on the same server.

In the future, we would like to put RM onto its own server.  There is currently a bug in RM 6.0.1 that IBM has promised will be fixed in RM 6.0.3.  So, when we put RM onto its own server, we want to upgrade it to 6.0.3.  However, we want to keep CCM, JTS and QM at version 6.0.1 for reasons specific to the client.

At the end of the day, my question is "Will the CLM product work if we have different versions of the software on different platforms?  For example, CLM 6.0.1 CCM, JTS and QM on one server and CLM 6.0.3 RM on another server.  Will these all play nicely together?"

Thanks to anyone who provides assistance on this!

Cheers, Cam.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Håkan Kristiansson (5114) | answered Nov 21 '16, 10:18 a.m.
The short answer is no.

You can connect to a newer version server by using an older version client, but you cannot connect to an older version server by using a newer version client. The same principle applies between servers. Jazz™ Team Server must be at the same level as or newer than the applications that are registered with it, but the applications cannot have a newer version than Jazz Team Server.

Knowledge Center

Cameron McKay selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Cameron McKay commented Nov 21 '16, 10:28 a.m.

Thanks Hakan.

To confirm my understanding, you are saying that if JTS was upgraded to CLM 6.0.3, then I could run QM and CCM at CLM 6.0.1 and have RM at CLM 6.0.3?

Håkan Kristiansson commented Nov 24 '16, 4:01 a.m.

Best practice is to have all applications at the same level. The scenario above though is what actually happen during an upgrade.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.