It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do we migrate the Content Store db when migrating from RRDI to Insight

Michael Walker (99215201157) | asked Nov 27 '12, 11:31 p.m.
We're planning on moving a customer from RRDI to Insight 1.0.1.1.  I'm following the instructions in the Insight documentation, backed up the DW and RICM dbs, installed RRDI and specified to install the Report Server manually.

When I look at the instructions for setting up the Report Server it doesn't say anything about migrating the existing Content Store db from RRDI.  The instructions I'm reading is saying "If you have an existing content store from a previous installation, delete it.".

Should we really delete the existing RICM db?  Aren't the existing reports stored there?  I was assuming there would be instructions on upgrading the existing RICM db for Insight.

Comments
Michael Walker commented Nov 27 '12, 11:34 p.m. | edited Nov 27 '12, 11:34 p.m.

I may be answering my own question.  Are these the instructions to upgrade the existing RICM db from RRDI to work with Insight?

"Integrating the Rational Insight content store with an existing database
Installing the Rational® Insight content stores on an existing database is possible only if you chose the manual installation option when installing Rational Insight. To install the content store on an existing database, you must create the required table spaces, buffer pools, namespaces, or file groups, and then install the Rational Insight schemas on the existing database.
Open the parameters.bat or parameters.sh file and edit the parameters so that you can connect to the existing database. The schema names match the schemas you created during the preinstallation tasks.
Run the parameters file through the appropriate command and, when prompted, specify the passwords for the database accounts.

Windows install.bat –schema
    Linux ./install.sh –schema

"

One answer

permanent link
Junli Wang (5512) | answered Nov 28 '12, 12:31 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
It must be a problem in the document saying 'delete it'.
RICM database should continue to be used when configuring Insight.
Since Insight 1.1.1, there is upgrade scenario in the setup wizard, helping to migrate RRDI to Insight.
for a previous versions, will need to manually configure the RICM database in Cognos Configuration to connect to it instead of installing a new one.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.