It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I change the Insight 1.1.1 database temp tablespace locations?

Brian Fleming (1.6k11928) | asked Oct 17 '12, 4:51 p.m.
During the install of Insight 1.1.1, the database creation process created a system managed tablespace as below (and did something similar for the DW database as well).  Did I miss an option where I could configure the location for this?  None of my settings in DB2 or Windows would point to this directory.  According to the DB2 documentation I have read, I cannot change this location either.  Do I have any options? 

Tablespace ID                        = 3
 Name                                 = CTEMPSPACE32K
 Type                                 = System managed space
 Contents                             = System Temporary data
 State                                = 0x0000

Tablespace Containers for Tablespace 3

Container ID                         = 0
 Name                                 = C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\
RICM5\ctempspace32k
 Type                                 = Path

One answer

permanent link
Ali Manji (59147) | answered Oct 17 '12, 4:54 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Brian,

On the pages in the setup where you specify the details for the content store and the data warehouse their should be a field to specify the tablespace location.

Regards,
Ali

Comments
Brian Fleming commented Oct 18 '12, 12:04 p.m.

Thanks Ali.  You are right when "Set up Rational Insight" is selected from the Rational Reporting setup wizard.  However, if "Evaluation" is selected, there is no option to specify the table space location.  And I agree that for an Evaluation install, specifying the table space location is probably unnecessary.  However, the choice of the default location Insight is using in an Evaluation install could be improved.  If I create a database via  the DB2 command line, "create db temp", DB2 does not create the temp table spaces in the same location Insight is, which would seem to indicate Insight is explicitly choosing "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator".  A better choice would be to do what DB2 does by default, or even using the system's TEMP environment variable.

Is there a file I can modify to force Insight to use a different directory for the table space when going through the Evaluation setup?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.