It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Does Rational Insight 1.1.1 support CLM 3.0.x ?

Anatoliy Khludov (32713) | asked Oct 03 '12, 1:34 p.m.
Is the support matrix documented somewhere? If yes, can you please point me to it ?
Thanks

Accepted answer

permanent link
ankur sharma (66212228) | answered Apr 21 '13, 11:36 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Version Compatibility Matrix for RRDI, CLM, and Rational Insight
Anatoliy Khludov selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Anatoliy Khludov (32713) | answered Oct 03 '12, 4:49 p.m.
Thank you Jeff. We have multiple independent CLM 3.0.x environments and some of them are integrated with CQ -- so RRDI won't fit into this configuration.  These CLM environments will eventually be upgraded to CLM 4. The short term goal is to provide reporting for one CLM 3.0.x/CQ integrated environment. The long term goal is to build the foundation that will require as less upgrade/migration effort as possible.
When I tried to integrate CLM 3.0.1.2 with Insight 1.1.1 on my test box, I run into the data warehouse upgrade issue. Apperantly the data warehouse can be upgraded if CLM is upgraded to v.4.0. Is this correct ? If yes, is there a work around ? What reporting solution would you recommend for  CLM 3.0.x/CQ integrated environment?

Comments
Jeff McRae commented Oct 04 '12, 9:31 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

In your scenario with CLM v3.0.1.x and CQ, there is no v4 JTS so the best option is to use Insight 1.1.  When you upgrade to CLM v4.x, then you can also move to Insight 1.1.1.

Anatoliy Khludov commented Oct 04 '12, 12:32 p.m.

Thank you Jeff.

James Roach commented Nov 15 '12, 12:21 p.m.

Anatoliy, I am in the same boat as you:

We are standing up 3 CLM/CQ/Insight environments, and we are looking to cut as many corners with upgrading Insight that we can.

IBM Professional Services has told us to replicate our production CLM environment (version 3.0.1.2) in our test environment, and then convert the CLM environment to 4.0.x.  

I was hoping to integrate Insight version 1.1.1 with the CLM 3.0.1.2, and then just worry about the eventual CLM 4.0.x integration.

Given Jeff's answer, it appears there is no shortcut.  The recommended best approach is:
Install Insight 1.1 to integrate with CLM 3.0.1.x
Upgrade CLM to 4.0.x
Upgrade Insight to 1.1.1 

permanent link
Jeff McRae (2711) | answered Oct 03 '12, 4:29 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The short answer is yes, Insight 1.1.1 supports CLM 3.x. 

The long answer is that we require more information on your desired topology to provide the ideal solution.  If you just want to report exclusively from CLM 3.x, Insight 1.1.1 is not the best choice.

Jeff

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.