It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why does Cognos Reporting Studio give the error "The required parameter 'ui.gateway' was not specified. Launch can not complete".

Guido Schneider (3.4k1491115) | asked Feb 22 '13, 1:30 p.m.
I do following:

Open my project in ccm/web
- go to Reporting Menu
-- Perform Additional Reporting Tasks
--- Customize report definitions using Report Studio

Then the "Select a package (Naviagte)" page of Cognos appears.
- I open public Folder "Reporting Data Models" and 
-- select "Reporting Data Model (DW)"

And then I get the Error:
==>> "The required parameter 'ui.gateway' was not specified. Launch can not complete".

Interesting is, if I start "Cognos Command" out of "Perform Additional Reporting Tasks" and launch "Report Studio" out of the "Launch" menu in "Cognos Command", I'm able to select same package and Report Studio is opening with no problems.

Any idea which parameter is not correctly set? Either in Cognos Configuration or in Cognos Command or somewhere else?

My environment:
- Windows 2008-R2
- WAS 8.0.0.5 with IHS and Plugin
- DB2 9.7.7
- Jazz/CLM V.4.0.1
- RRDI 2.0.1
All on one single OS Instance
- Five WAS profiles (JTS/CCM/QM/RM/RationalReporting).

Accepted answer

permanent link
Alanna Zito (1.3k3) | answered Feb 22 '13, 1:37 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Guido - this is a known issue in CLM 4.0.1 - see Unable to launch the Cognos Report Studio from within the CLM Web UI (243686). The problem will be fixed in 4.0.3.  In the meantime, you can use the workaround you described to launch report studio from Cognos instead.

Guido Schneider selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.