It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Configuring the XDC files

Manoj Panda (39346762) | asked Aug 15 '13, 12:18 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi,

I am working on CLM 4.0.1 and integrating with Rational Insight 1.1.1.2. Following the infocenter help (http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/rentrpt/v1r1m1/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.rational.raer.overview.doc/topics/c_gs_administrators.html)

While configuraing the XDC files, i am getting the following error when the Authentication type is QAuth JTS. But there is no error while selecting the authentication type is BASIC or Form.  I am not sure how do i get the consumer key and secret.

5 answers

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Aug 16 '13, 11:50 a.m.
Hello Manoj,

unless you have a specific reason for using OAuth JTS authentication, you can set:
Authentication Type= Form
User name / Password = details of a JTS user with JazzAdmin repository permissions and the data collector licenses assigned.

Best Regards
Francesco

Comments
Manoj Panda commented Aug 17 '13, 1:47 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi  Francesco/Ali,

I am not able to setup and integrate the insight with CLM. Here with I attached complete log with the screenshot, please help.

Testing the CLM job streams

I am not sure about the connection details  When i select the "cognos data source" and click on Data Source name, i get this error. But works fine when i select DB2

Francesco Chiossi commented Aug 19 '13, 4:45 a.m.

For the connection details:
you should use ODBC, and select the corresponding system ODBC data source that you created as in Configuring the XDC files - Installing the XML data configuration files (for Windows)

permanent link
Ali Manji (59147) | answered Aug 16 '13, 11:46 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Manoj -

The key value can be found at this page:
https://<hostname>9443/jts/admin#action=com.ibm.team.repository.admin.configureOAuth

Which translates to the Servers > Consumers (Inbound) on your JTS Admin page.

The key can be found adjacent to the com.ibm.rational.reporting consumer.

The secret value would be known by whoever ran the Insight/RRDI setup application.

Regards,
Ali

Comments
Manoj Panda commented Aug 17 '13, 1:35 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Ali,

Thank you so much. yes it worked after i given the right secret key.

permanent link
Manoj Panda (39346762) | answered Aug 18 '13, 11:24 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

This is the error message when i try to test the CLM job Stream

Data Manager v10.1.6235.143 -- (C) Copyright IBM Corp. 1999, 2012
jobstream -- start run on mapanda3 (18-Aug-2013 20:46:25)
[PROGRESS   - 20:46:26] Accessing catalog
[PROGRESS   - 20:46:45] Exporting required components
[PROGRESS   - 20:46:48] Catalog banner -> COGNOS INTERNAL USE ONLY
[PROGRESS   - 20:46:49] JobStream 'RTC4.0.3'; starting
[PROGRESS   - 20:46:50] JobStream Node 2 'JFS_ODS4.0.3_DeltaLoad'; executing (pi
d 9512)
Exception in thread "main" java.sql.SQLException: com.ibm.rational.etl.common.ex
ception.ETLException: com.ibm.rational.etl.common.exception.ETLException: com.ib
m.rational.dataservices.client.auth.AuthenticationException: CRRRE1417E: The HTT
P status '401' and the message is 'Unauthorized'.
        at com.ibm.rational.drivers.jdbc.xml.BaseRDSResultSet.fetchMoreData(Base
RDSResultSet.java:2101)
        at com.ibm.rational.drivers.jdbc.xml.BaseRDSResultSet.next(BaseRDSResult
Set.java:1472)
[PROGRESS   - 20:51:47] pid 9512 JobStream Node 2 'JFS_ODS4.0.3_DeltaLoad'; repo
rted the following:

(for details, see ..\datamanager\log\Job_JFS_ODS4_0_3_DeltaLoad_0007.log)

[PROGRESS   - 20:51:47] JobStream Node 2 'JFS_ODS4.0.3_DeltaLoad'; failed
[PROGRESS   - 20:51:47] Done - 0 00:05:22 elapsed
[PROGRESS   - 20:51:47] JobStream 'RTC4.0.3' Failed
jobstream -- failed (18-Aug-2013 20:51:47)

Press Enter to continues

permanent link
VK L (8177157159) | answered Aug 19 '13, 12:04 a.m.
 Hi Manoj,
                 Connection is for specific modules like workitems, scm etc and its same as defined in XDC Files. If you open xdc configuration file , you can get the connection details. Mostly, it will be configured using the clmdwadmin id.

Thanks.

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Aug 19 '13, 5:01 a.m.
Hello Manoj,

also check that the CLM user that you configured in the xdc files (or that is associated to the OAuth key if you use that authentication method) has the data collector licenses assigned and JazzAdmin repository permissions (if not a functional user through OAuth key).

Best Regards
Francesco

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.