It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Connecting Insight to Bluegroups

Gabriel Lopez de Armas (10189) | asked Jun 13 '12, 10:18 a.m.
Hi. 
We're doing a deployment of Rational Insight 1.1. We've several RTC repositories that we want to connect to it. 
Our problem is, each RTC is using different configurations of LDAP. We have one bluegroup for each repository. 
Because of this problem, we can't not use the JTS Auth system, so the idea is connecting it to bluepages/LDAP and authorize each bluegroup.

The problem is, since there are so many bluegroups, Insight /Cognos feels unestable. When listing all groups, it hangs for 30+ minutes.  Is there a better idea to configure access control based on LDAP groups? 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Jun 13 '12, 7:05 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I haven't tried this yet, but you can select "Type" instead of "Search" so that you can type the Group/User name manually rather than waiting on the search in the form of BluePages/myGroup or BluePages/myUser, etc...

If you want to try and restrict at the group level, you could start by using ou=memberlist,ou=ibmgroups,o=ibm.com as the base DN.  This page has more info on configuring LDAP in Cognos Connections.  Hope it helps,
Gabriel Lopez de Armas selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Gabriel Lopez de Armas commented Jun 14 '12, 5:53 a.m.

Still, I find the search to be quite slow, but I guess it'll work. I was wondering if there is another method that I was missing. Thanks for the answer.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.