It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Some best practices for WBM-RRC usage?

Timur Markunin (6495166146) | asked Apr 05 '12, 9:11 a.m.
Hello,

my client use WebSphere Business Modeler and use business modeling as primary method of requirement gathering.

Does anybody have any experience/thoughts on WBM-RRC joint usage? What are benefits of RRC usage in this case?

-thanks in advance

2 answers

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Apr 09 '12, 3:25 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,

my client use WebSphere Business Modeler and use business modeling as primary method of requirement gathering.

Does anybody have any experience/thoughts on WBM-RRC joint usage? What are benefits of RRC usage in this case?

-thanks in advance

Now how I might use it would be, is using WBM for the process modeling, together with the additional capabilities of BPEL generation, cost simulations aspects, etc., with RRC providing both high level strategy rich-text requirements and the implementation requirements. As well as architectural or design artifacts that compliment the process model, including any reviews or comments the team has discussed on those artifacts.

The RRC URL can be added to the model tasks in WBM and used as a external reference. I am not sure if WBM provides an external link to its diagrams and model elements but if it does then it can be placed as hyperlinks in RRC rich text artifacts. Thus providing two-way references.

permanent link
Timur Markunin (6495166146) | answered Apr 10 '12, 7:33 a.m.
Thanks a lot, Robin!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.