It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Filtering Requirements by Requirement Type

Robert Huet (23113984) | asked Dec 10 '09, 4:49 p.m.
What is the best way to filter requirement lists by requirement type? I don't see a way to filter directoly by requirement type. One way would be to create a tag for each requirement type and tag each requirement with its appropriate type (which could be a maintenance nightmare). Otherwise, I could move each requirement to a separate folder according to its type and use the Project Artifacts view to filter by folder. Any thoughts on best practice for this?
Thanks,
Robert

2 answers

permanent link
Stef van Dijk (2.0k179) | answered Dec 11 '09, 1:07 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Here's some information I got from the developer that may help.

We will support filtering by attribute group presence in an upcoming release (resolved by Enable filtering by attribute groups presence (18852)). This means the user will be able to list all the FEAT requirements, all the SUPP requirements and so on based on the assigned attribute group. However, in 2.0 only the attribute values can be used to filter the artifacts list.

The requirement type is not exposed as a column in the artifacts list, which means it's not available from the column properties configuration dialog. Even if it would be, we do not support sorting and grouping by custom attribute columns at this time:
Allow sorting and grouping by custom attributes in the project page (21096)

permanent link
Robert Huet (23113984) | answered Dec 11 '09, 1:26 p.m.
Perfect! Thanks!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.