It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Test Plan Template

Trinity Ven (175) | asked Sep 01 '10, 1:38 p.m.
Hi,

When I am trying to create Child Test Plans under Master Test Plan 1 level below from High level Master Test Plan, I am unable to save the test plan as it errors out with the following msg

unable to make this test plan a master because it is already a child of another (xxx) test plan.

Is it possible to create multiple child test plans under Master Test Plan

Project ->Master Test Plan -> Child Test Plan -> Test Plan 1, Test Plan 2..
Below Child Test Plan, I want to create multiple children test plans.

Can this be done?

Thanks
Trinity

2 answers

permanent link
Frank McGrath (242162) | answered Sep 02 '10, 12:49 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

When I am trying to create Child Test Plans under Master Test Plan 1 level below from High level Master Test Plan, I am unable to save the test plan as it errors out with the following msg

unable to make this test plan a master because it is already a child of another (*) test plan.

Is it possible to create multiple child test plans under Master Test Plan

Project ->Master Test Plan -> Child Test Plan -> Test Plan 1, Test Plan 2..
Below Child Test Plan, I want to create multiple children test plans.

Can this be done?

Thanks
Trinity

Only one level of Test Plan hierarchy is supported. So you cannot have a child test plan that itself has child test plans.

Frank McGrath
RQM Development

permanent link
Ade Sobo (6) | answered Oct 20 '10, 2:35 p.m.
I was able to create a Test Plan Template with the major sections, but how do I add a minor section to the major section.

I selected the view builder to add the minor sections, and then selected run, but nothing happened.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.