It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

404 errors for users NOT in the JazzAdmin/JazzDWAdmin group

Kevin Ramer (4.5k9186201) | asked Sep 23 '09, 12:56 p.m.
I'm trying to rollout RQM 2.0 on a test platform. It got installed ok and I was able to do what I expected to do as an admin. I shared the location with a customer that requested the platform. However, he got 404 error after
login to the RQM server. I added a colleague to the JazzUsers group and he replicates the situation. I then added my colleague to JazzAdmins and NOW he can login to the RQM environment. I then changed the JazzAdmins, JazzDWAdmins to a bogus group and now I get the consistent 404 errors.

I have double checked the specification of the LDAP group that map to
JazzUsers and it exists and contains several members.

Rational Quality Manager IM Version: v2.0.0.200907
28_1546

I found at least 1 post in this forum with the 404 error, but the only reply was by the original poster of that thread.

4 answers

permanent link
John Nason (2.4k1012) | answered Sep 25 '09, 1:19 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Kevin,
To access RQM the user would need to be a JazzUser (at a minimum) and be added to the desired Project Area as either a Member or Administrator.
Regards,
John

I'm trying to rollout RQM 2.0 on a test platform. It got installed ok and I was able to do what I expected to do as an admin. I shared the location with a customer that requested the platform. However, he got 404 error after
login to the RQM server. I added a colleague to the JazzUsers group and he replicates the situation. I then added my colleague to JazzAdmins and NOW he can login to the RQM environment. I then changed the JazzAdmins, JazzDWAdmins to a bogus group and now I get the consistent 404 errors.

I have double checked the specification of the LDAP group that map to
JazzUsers and it exists and contains several members.

Rational Quality Manager IM Version: v2.0.0.200907
28_1546

I found at least 1 post in this forum with the 404 error, but the only reply was by the original poster of that thread.

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k9186201) | answered Sep 28 '09, 9:16 a.m.
Jason,

Checked, rechecked and checked some more. What I'm finding is that the default URL for RQM seems to be:

http//hostname/jazz/web/console

unlike RTC whose url can end with /jazz or /web and it works just fine.

Hi Kevin,
To access RQM the user would need to be a JazzUser (at a minimum) and be added to the desired Project Area as either a Member or Administrator.
Regards,
John

permanent link
Patrick Van Zandt (1.2k1) | answered Sep 28 '09, 6:41 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Yes this is correct. /jazz will throw a 404 on an RQM server. You should use either
/jazz/web/console
or
/jazz/web/console/projectName
to log in, as per Logging in to Rational Quality Manager @ http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rqmhelp/v2r0/topic/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/t_startrqm.html

permanent link
Robert Sossomon (11155) | answered Feb 02 '10, 10:53 p.m.
Yes this is correct. /jazz will throw a 404 on an RQM server. You should use either
/jazz/web/console
or
/jazz/web/console/projectName
to log in, as per Logging in to Rational Quality Manager @ http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rqmhelp/v2r0/topic/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/t_startrqm.html

So, does anyone know where I can set this as the default path for when a user logs in and/or in the teamRepository variable for when composing the invitation email to new users??

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.