It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Distributing RFT Scripts across Machine Resources

John Meade (111) | asked Sep 16 '09, 4:37 a.m.
I was wondering if it was possible to distribute RFT script execution using RQM across a number of machines and have them execute simultaneously. I've tried this myself with a testsuite but found that Scripts on Machine B would not execute until the preceeding script running on Machine A had completed. When I set the scripts to execute in Parallel all the scripts associated with A and B all executed at the same time i.e. all 3 scripts in the test suite assigned to A tried to run at once.

Is it possible to have all the scripts execute sequentially on a machine without being dependent on the execution state of scripts on another machine

One answer

permanent link
Praveen Sinha (116141) | answered Sep 16 '09, 5:48 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
>When I set the scripts to execute in Parallel all the...
What you tried (parallel execution of test suite) should work. Although, the execution console will show all the scripts assigned to a particular machine is raring to go but RFT will execute only one at a time per machine.

I was wondering if it was possible to distribute RFT script execution using RQM across a number of machines and have them execute simultaneously. I've tried this myself with a testsuite but found that Scripts on Machine B would not execute until the preceeding script running on Machine A had completed. When I set the scripts to execute in Parallel all the scripts associated with A and B all executed at the same time i.e. all 3 scripts in the test suite assigned to A tried to run at once.

Is it possible to have all the scripts execute sequentially on a machine without being dependent on the execution state of scripts on another machine

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.