It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Quality Manager 6.0.2: Preconditions and follow up actions in "Master" project not working in Slave Project: Using the "Use the process configuration from another project area for this project area" option

Richard Good (872861) | asked Oct 26 '17, 5:44 a.m.

I want the Pre conditions and follow up actions to inherit from master to "Slave", when I link the "Master" and Slave the default cobblers appears in the Preconditions & Follow-up Actions section of the slave, so I deleted it, imagining reasonably that it would then inherit these from the Master. I could understand it if the Maser rules appeared in the slave, but they don't.

I'm beginning to think Using the process configuration from one project in another is a broken or half baked option and that all projects need to be created from a process model, but that is a pain if we subsequently want to update a process model. Am I wrong?

Cheers for any help

Richard

Comments
Michael Reed commented Oct 26 '17, 5:14 p.m.

Hi Richard,

I have similar issues with an RTC project so I'm pretty convinced there is something broken. I have had similar configurations in the past that worked just fine but, after my v6.0.2 implementation at one customer site, I noticed some serious issues with the relationship.

It wasn't important enough for that customer to want me to spend time opening and monitoring a ticket with IBM so I never got an answer to what was going on and never had the time to dig into it myself.

Donald Nong commented Oct 27 '17, 4:05 a.m.

Checking the process configuration "source" will be more reliable. If a section of the process configuration does not appear in the child/slave's source, it should inherit from the parent/master (note not copied into the source). If you suspect something is broken, I suggest you contact IBM Support.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Oct 27 '17, 4:07 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Oct 27 '17, 4:07 a.m.

If you change anything in the process area that inherits the process, you effectively overwrite whatever was inherited for that section and render the inheritance as non functional for that section. So it is important to be careful with what you overwrite. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.