It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CQ Bridge Defect not showing in RQM Defect Reports

Nelson Jordan (56132) | asked Mar 03 '10, 1:48 p.m.
Hi All,

Is it true that if your setup the CQ Bridge all defect will reside in CQ and there will be no workitem linkage created in RQM. If this is the case, how do I then report Test case impacted by defects. I was able to do this with the CQ Connector, but b/c defects reside in both places and are synched.

Please advice.

5 answers

permanent link
sandip raikar (1161813) | answered Apr 26 '10, 8:19 a.m.
Any suggestions on the same topic.
How to achieve this?

Thanks,
Sandip.

permanent link
Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k8281269) | answered Apr 26 '10, 9:02 a.m.
How to achieve this?

Thanks,
Sandip.

One would think this would be a standard report option, but it seems that the direction of RQM and ClearQuest doesn't have a future...as per IBM's words:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21424120&myns=swgrat&mynp=OCSSR27Q&mync=E

Anyway,

I created enhancement 30312 to ask for, at least, a small report that links these two together using RCR...

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Apr 26 '10, 9:32 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
IBM is fully committed to the use of RQM with ClearQuest (both now and
in the future). The support note referenced below just states that this
particular report was not designed to perform this function, i.e. this
report is working "as designed". But I (and others) agree that this
design needs to be changed asap, to allow reporting against defects
other than ones in the RQM repository itself. So please do submit (or
support already submitted) enhancement requests on this topic, if it is
something that is important to you.

Cheers,
Geoff

itengtools wrote:
sandip_raikarwrote:
How to achieve this?

Thanks,
Sandip.

One would think this would be a standard report option, but it seems
that the direction of RQM and ClearQuest doesn't have a future...as
per IBM's words:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21424120&myns=swgrat&mynp=OCSSR27Q&mync=E

Anyway,

I created enhancement 30312 to ask for, at least, a small report that
links these two together using RCR...

permanent link
Patrick Van Zandt (1.2k1) | answered Apr 26 '10, 10:10 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
To others following this thread, I recommend subscribing to and/or commenting on the workitem that @itengtools created: 30312

You mentioned RCR, but I don't think that is going to work either. RCR by design allows you report on a single data source, which in this case is RQM.

If you want to pull in data from multiple data sources (in this case, the CQ server and the RQM server), you need a reporting solution that supports connections to multiple data sources. In the Rational portfolio, that would be Rational Insight.

permanent link
Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k8281269) | answered Apr 28 '10, 8:32 a.m.
To others following this thread, I recommend subscribing to and/or commenting on the workitem that @itengtools created: 30312

You mentioned RCR, but I don't think that is going to work either. RCR by design allows you report on a single data source, which in this case is RQM.

If you want to pull in data from multiple data sources (in this case, the CQ server and the RQM server), you need a reporting solution that supports connections to multiple data sources. In the Rational portfolio, that would be Rational Insight.

Thanks for your comments Patrick and Geoff...

For this particular solution of ClearQuest and RQM, should I adjust the enhancement for Insight only, or ask for a BIRT solution. (which I think connects to multiple sources as well right?)

thanks for any assistance.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.