It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

unusual forced restart behavior

Cristian Neicu (1111) | asked Jan 05 '10, 8:56 a.m.
We have RTC 2.0 set up on AIX 5.3 using WAS 6.1 with DB2 v9.5. We are relatively new to RTC so we are still testing and playing around with dummy projects.

On one occasion a user was accessing the application through the web interface and the page was not being displayed. I checked the processes on the machine and the WAS java process had increased in memory and processing power usage. I tried to restart the WAS but that did not work so I just killed the process. After restarting the application server, the jazz app was back to normal, but we had one project missing from the project area. There was nothing in the RTC or WAS logs that could lead us further into our investigation on why this happened.

I suspect we may have some inconsistencies in the database now due to some running transactions being interrupted abruptly, but that is proving difficult to trace.

Any thoughts as to why this might have happened ?
Has anybody else experienced this kind of weird behavior ?
How can this be best avoided it in the future ?

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.