It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

java.lang.IllegalStateException using full text search

Steven Hyde (10692) | asked Apr 27 '09, 4:48 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Recently search stopped working with the following error;

Error running operation 'All Unresolved Work Items containing 'term''
java.lang.IllegalStateException: doc count differs for segment _25: fieldsReader shows 2 but segmentInfo shows 1
java.lang.IllegalStateException: doc count differs for segment _25: fieldsReader shows 2 but segmentInfo shows 1

Any idea how to fix this?
It is happening for a number of users when searching using the quick search box or when trying a query with the 'Full Text' condition set

In the web UI the error thrown is;

Error!

: doc counts differ for segment _25: fieldsReader shows 2 but segmentInfo shows 1

3 answers

permanent link
Alexander Schinko (35511812) | answered Jan 22 '10, 5:24 a.m.
I have the same problem after updating from RTC 2.0.0.0 to 2.0.0.2. This search only fails when I enter alpha nummeric characters.
It works with numbers.

Any ideas?

It is happening for a number of users when searching using the quick search box or when trying a query with the 'Full Text' condition set

Error!

: doc counts differ for segment _25: fieldsReader shows 2 but segmentInfo shows 1

permanent link
Alexander Schinko (35511812) | answered Jan 22 '10, 6:41 a.m.
It seems that this problem is related to the workitemindex folder, which seems to contain inconstant files.

Is there a way to reindex the data on the running system? When I try to delete it now, it the files are locked.

Thanks,
Alexander

I have the same problem after updating from RTC 2.0.0.0 to 2.0.0.2. This search only fails when I enter alpha nummeric characters.
It works with numbers.

Any ideas?

Error!

permanent link
Alexander Schinko (35511812) | answered Jan 22 '10, 8:15 a.m.
This could have been more obvious, but this solved the problem:

repotools -rebuildtextindices

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.