It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

HideIfCreation doesn't work if workitem type is modified

Atul Kumar (1872329) | asked Jan 29 '13, 5:48 a.m.
Hi,

Following is the scenario :-
a. I create a workitem of type 'Defect' and save it.
b. Now, I change its Type to our custom type 'CMVCDefect', and synchronize the editor view, which has custom attributes marked as hidden at creation time.
c. The custom attributes marked as "hideIfCreation=true" get visible in the custom tab.

I understand that the workitem is not being created, it is being transformed to a different type, which causes the hideIfCreation flag to be ignored.

Is there an alternative way to achieve hiding attributes (at creation time) after changing workitem-type ?

Thanks,
Atul

Accepted answer

permanent link
Eric Jodet (6.3k5111120) | answered Jan 29 '13, 8:44 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Atul,
I tested your use case using RTC 4.0.1 and found that both Eclipse and Web UI behave as expected.
Added a simple boolean and presentation to defect type in a SCRUM PA - Hide On Creation selected

1 - create a task
2 - switch to defect type
--> custom attribute is not displayed
3 - save
--> custom attribute is displayed

Did you test with RTC 4.0.1? Can you do the above test?
What is the version you are using?

Thanks.
Eric.
Atul Kumar selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Atul Kumar commented Jan 29 '13, 9:09 a.m.

Hi Eric,

I use 3.0.1, and we recently started using 4.0.1. In 3.0.1, I couldn't find anything like "Hide on Workflow state".

If you could give an example in terms of project-area-xml changes, that would be great. I want to achieve these changes programmatically through xml-updates.

Thanks,
Atul

Eric Jodet commented Jan 29 '13, 9:29 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

(details were provided under Sametime)

Atul Kumar commented Jan 30 '13, 4:12 a.m.

Thanks a lot Eric for your quick response. We were able to find a solution with the help of the flag "hideIfInState".

2 other answers

permanent link
Dinesh Kumar B (4.1k413) | answered Jan 29 '13, 7:35 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I assume when you change the type from existing type to a new type, the existing type would have been initialized and hence already exist in some particular state, you may want to use Hide In Workflow States to set the hiding of the attribute in that corresponding state

permanent link
Atul Kumar (1872329) | answered Jan 29 '13, 7:44 a.m.
How can I do "Hide In Workflow States" ?

Any references on its usage ?

Comments
Eric Jodet commented Jan 29 '13, 8:50 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hide on workflow state is different.
We could consider Hide on creation as a flavor of Hide on workflow state
where creation is a single state (work item is new and unsaved).

Use "Hide on workflow state" to hide / show attributes depending on a certain state of the type's workflow:

Thanks.
Eric.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.