It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to get UUID of a change set in Eclipse or RTC shell?

James Cheung (671116) | asked Nov 05 '13, 2:00 a.m.
 Hi all,
Need your help here.

I would like to have a lscm script to check out a file of a changeset in AIX. The changeset is created in Eclipse. How can I get the UUID or changeset alias from Eclipse? All I can find is the changeset comment or the associated workitem.

Thanks a lot!

Accepted answer

permanent link
James Cheung (671116) | answered Nov 05 '13, 2:22 a.m.
 Thx.
I googled for a few hours and couldn't find the answer. 
After posting this question, I found the answer here ;)

It is possible to get the UUID of the changeset from the eclipse client, which can be used in the CLI and can be shared with other users. If you right-click on a change set and choose "Copy URL." the UUID is embedded in the URL: 

https://myserver.com/jazz/resource/itemOid/com.ibm.team.scm.ChangeSet/_-3RNwTLbEeKDmkFKbghdVw?Workspace=_76GasHWUEgC_zbA6bI4YEA 

This UUID can be pasted into a CLI command in any place where an ID is used. 
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Nov 05 '13, 2:31 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Another place where these numbers show up is the Eclipse client. If you open the properties of a file select the Jazz Source Control section scroll way down and expand the Show UUID's section, you see all the UUID's I am not sure which is which though.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.