It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to list all change sets associated with a story/children

Riccardo Rossi (3187) | asked Nov 17 '11, 5:59 a.m.
edited Nov 08 '16, 10:31 a.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
I have a story with some change sets associated, also many children (task and defects) of this story have other change sets associated. Moreover Some children of this story have othe sub-children with other change-sets (and i could have other sub-stories going down in tree).
To summarize i have a tree of Epic-Story-Task/Defects composed bye many levels, on each level (Epic,Story,Task/Defects) i could have some change-set associated. The change-sets could be associated to each level of the tree, also the tree could have many levels putting a Story inside another.

My question is:
Is there any way to query RTC to have the whole list of change-set associated to an Epic/Story and to all its children and sub-children?
We would like to have a single list of changes (change sets) related to a single story that has been implemented adding change sets to defects, tasks and stories that are childern of the selected story/epic.

We're working on Jazz 2 but we'll migrate soon to version 3.

Accepted answer

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Nov 08 '16, 10:30 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Oct 11 '17, 3:35 p.m.

One 'workaround' to achieve what you want is as follows:
As of RTC 4.0, you can right-click on the parent Epic work item and select "Locate Change Sets...". Now in the Locate Change Sets editor, you can select "Show child work items" at the bottom of the "Change Sets" section. This will add all child work items and show you all the change sets that are associated to those child work items.

You can also add a stream in the bottom 'Search Targets' section to see whether or not all of those change sets have been delivered to a particular stream.

Michael Valenta selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.