It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to Access Artifacts under Project Properties

Pratyush Sharma (111) | asked Aug 02 '23, 1:15 p.m.
edited Aug 02 '23, 5:06 p.m.

Hello,

I am having trouble accessing Artifacts that you can view when selecting a Stream and component and clicking on the option to "Manage Project Properties",
When I use this API RMExtensions405API < Main < TWiki (jazz.net), it points to the Artifacts stored in the Modules, however those are the incorrect ones, 
Would appreciate if someone can point me to the right direction how to access the Artifacts under Project Properties

Comments
Ian Barnard commented Aug 03 '23, 8:43 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Your API link is for version 4.0.5 - the latest extension API is listed below here RMExtensionsMain < Main < TWiki (jazz.net)

I guess it's possible your API calls aren't using the current configuration in which case you'd get results from the default configuration (the Initial Stream of the component)

However without anything more specific than 'it doesn't work' it's impossible to be more helpful. I suggest you get one or more of the examples working from the extensions matching your version. Then modify that working example in small stages and check it works at each stage.

Pratyush Sharma commented Aug 03 '23, 9:29 a.m.

Hello,

We use the latest version of the API, 7.0.2, sorry if the link gave a false impression, however the version of the API isn't the issue,
I am positive that these API calls extract the Artifacts stored under Modules as when we call RM.AttributeValues, it returns the Module Artifacts, (even when we use the latest version)
What we are looking for it how to get Artifacts you can view when selecting a Stream and component and clicking on the option to "Manage Project Properties",

Pratyush Sharma commented Aug 03 '23, 9:29 a.m.

Would appreciate if you can answer the question of how to access the Artifacts under Project Properties 

Ian Barnard commented Aug 03 '23, 9:33 a.m. | edited Aug 03 '23, 9:33 a.m.

Do you mean you hope the extension API might allow you to edit the project properties? It doesn't. But otherwise give a specific example of what you see and what you expected to see.

Pratyush Sharma commented Aug 03 '23, 9:35 a.m. | edited Aug 03 '23, 9:36 a.m.

We mean is there a resource or a way to access Artifact Types, Artifacts Attributes (the different templates and information in them such as description, URI, etc) under Project Properties (using any API or resource)?
Is there a way? 

Ian Barnard commented Aug 04 '23, 3:29 a.m.

You may be able to read some of this information (e.g. the shape definitions) through the OSLC APIs - not the extensions API - but I don't think you can modify anything except through the UI.

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

One answer

permanent link
David Honey (1.8k17) | answered Aug 04 '23, 7:11 a.m.

ISTR this question has been asked before. AFAIK, there are no OSLC query capabilities for artifact types, artifact attributes, link types, or data types, and no public REST APIs for creating, modifying, or deleting them.

Comments
Pratyush Sharma commented Aug 04 '23, 9:39 a.m.

Understood that there's no OSLC query way of accessing them, but is there a public or private API just to access them? 

David Honey commented Aug 04 '23, 9:58 a.m. | edited Aug 04 '23, 10:00 a.m.

I don't think there are any public APIs. We do not describe or document private APIs. They are unsupported and any use of them is potentially fragile. We actively discourage people from reverse engineering and using such private APIs.

Public APIs are documented on https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/CLMProductAPILanding and its child pages.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.