It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

"Operation Failed" using getLinkedartifacts function (IBM Engineering Requirements Management DOORS Next)

Eduardo Pérez Soto (338) | asked Aug 11 '21, 3:39 a.m.
Hi all,
I am using the getLinkedArtifacts function from the RM API in my widget. The problem is that it is returning me "Operation failed". To use this function, I get all the artifacts from a module and then run the function with that list. References for these artifacts are well obtained, because this function returns OK for most artifacts. Only for a few returns "operation failed". Does anyone know what is going on?

For more information, I am using version 7.0.2 in Doors together with iFix005

One answer

permanent link
David Honey (1.8k17) | answered Aug 11 '21, 8:43 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Was there any specific detailed information, either in the response, or in rm*.log files associated with the failing request?

Comments
Eduardo Pérez Soto commented Aug 12 '21, 2:31 a.m. | edited Aug 12 '21, 2:45 a.m.

From what I saw, the problem comes from artifacts that have links outside the module. But I don't know why in one project when artifacts have this kind of links don't return an error and in another project return "Operation Failed" when detect links outside the module. 

David Honey commented Aug 12 '21, 4:31 a.m. | edited Aug 12 '21, 4:32 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Sorry that doesn't answer the question. Please re-read the question. In most situations, applications provide specific error details in the response body and/or in the application's log file. What was the full response body and if there was any error in the log file, what is the full text of that error message?
You are more likely to get a response from someone on the DOORS Next development team if you provide specific information like exact error messages, exception messages etc etc.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.