It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM Restrict edits to artifact owners

Russell Oliver (11) | asked Mar 18 '20, 6:14 p.m.

Hi, 

After assigning a test case, plan, etc to an owner, can any more edits be restricted to that user?

Comments
Bharath Rao commented Mar 19 '20, 2:13 a.m. | edited Mar 20 '20, 3:58 a.m.

Hello Russell,

Since the test artifact is assigned to the owner, I do not see a way to restrict the owner itself from editing the artifact.

However, you could implement lock / unlock feature to keep track of changes as per the below documentation

After assigning the owner, you could lock the artifact so any future edits require unlocking with e-signature.

If not, editing the artifact can be be disable using preconditions but only when the artifacts are in Approved / Retired state.

I will let others answer / comment on this if there is a better way to handle it.

You could also share the complete use-case so we have a better understanding of the requirement.

Best Regards,
Bharath

Russell Oliver commented Mar 19 '20, 2:16 a.m.

Hi Barath, 

I think i have phrased the my question wrong. My intent is to prevent users other than the owner from editing the item once it has been assigned an owner and saved by the creator. At the moment it seems that anyone with save permission on a test case, or test plan, etc can edit it even if they are not the owner. 

Kind Regards
Russell 

One answer

permanent link
Bharath Rao (915136) | answered Mar 19 '20, 2:34 a.m.

I found this enhancement item in RQM

https://jazz.net/jazz02/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/60510

You could add your thoughts / comments there for the RQM Product Management team to respond.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.