It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

License weirdness in 6.x

Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k8280269) | asked Jan 26 '17, 10:40 a.m.

Hello,

CLM 603. I migrated a client from 502/tomcat to 603/liberty. We are noticing frequent timeouts happening WHILE users are working. The CLM license is set to 3hrs and so is the Liberty server.xml file. However, I was logged in and working on a dashboard, changing and saving while adding widgets. (about every 5mins)

I saved the dashboard, added a widget, linked a query, and then the Rational Jazz Login page popped up.  Was there some sort of change that still kicks users out? It's not registering activity like "Save".

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jan 26 '17, 11:15 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I have seen that with WAS liberty recently. I don't know if there is some tuning that needs to be made e.g. keep-alive. 

I don't think it is license related. The system just forgets you are logged in or expires the login. It is sort of similar to the login token expiration in WAS with IHS. I have also seen this with at least one of our internal instances and my own test setup. 

I have looked for a solution, but was unable to find one so far.

I would open a PMR wit support and share the result here.

Sterling Ferguson-II selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Sterling Ferguson-II commented Jan 26 '17, 11:31 a.m.

Thanks for you response Ralph. I will open a PMR. I was just creating/saving snapshots and on the final one, it prompted me for a login again....

frustrating....
:-(

Michael Reed commented Feb 07 '17, 2:35 p.m.

Hey Sterling,

Could you let me know the result? I'm seeing the same issues with one of my implementations of 6.0.2.

Thanks!

-michael

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.