It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unable to open administration page while configuring CLM 6.0.2 offline help in server

Manoj sajjan (19516) | asked Nov 23 '16, 12:01 a.m.
Hi everyone,

I am trying to configure CLM 6.0.2 offline help in server, but i am unable to open administration page by using url : "> http: //server: port/help‐name/updater/admin.jsp

so is there any other option to configure.

Regards
Manoj

Comments
Lily Wang commented Nov 23 '16, 2:13 a.m.

Have you deployed clmhelp.war?

Have you replaced the "help-name" in the url to "clmhelp"?
What error message did you get when accessing the url?

Manoj sajjan commented Nov 23 '16, 3:28 a.m. | edited Nov 23 '16, 3:51 a.m.

Hi Lily Wang,

I deployed clmhelp.war and also replaced name with clmhelp.
I got the error message Context Root not found. For reference, the Url which is used by me:-http://hostname:9090/clmhelp/updater/admin.jsp
where hostname = my server name

regards
manoj

2 answers

permanent link
Alan Sampson (93749) | answered Nov 23 '16, 12:36 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Nov 23 '16, 12:36 p.m.
The help administration application only works from "localhost". Did you try launching the application from server itself? It will not work.if you try to launch over a network; i.e. from your desktop computer.

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Nov 23 '16, 9:32 p.m.
As Alan said, you have to visit the web page on the server itself, as the CLMHelp application is pre-configured for local access only. In other words, remote access is not allowed.

If you want to change this, you will need to first visit the web page on the server itself using "localhost", and follow the steps below.
1. Choose the Administrative Access Management option.
2. Specify a password for the built-in user "warupdateadmin", or add a new user (it seems impossible to specify the user name).
3. Switch authentication type from Local Access Only to Role Based Security.

After that, you should be able to remote access the web page. If you make a mistake (e.g. step 3 then 2, in the wrong order) and lock yourself out, simply re-deploy the CLMHelp application and do it all over again.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.