It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unable to save Test Plan Validation errors

mohan kumar (78930) | asked Nov 28 '16, 7:11 a.m.
Hi All,

when i try to add new test case which is not part of current Test plan and save my Test plan i got the following error message

Unable to save Test Plan
Validation errors for item: type = VersionedTestPlan, itemId = [UUID _uMxlQHNbEeaN5dubY9voEA]
Duplicate item references are not allowed: testCases.

Regards,
Mohan

Comments
paul chu commented Nov 29 '16, 11:40 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Is this constantly reproducible?  What will happen if you refresh the test plan after seeing that error message, is the test case added?  Would it be a chance that other user just added the same test case right before you when you tried?

mohan kumar commented Nov 30 '16, 2:23 a.m.

Hi Paul,

Yes it is constantly reproducible with respect to that particular Test plan, if I refresh Test case wont be added to the Test plan. I tried adding other Test case also i got the same issue and if i try duplicate the Test plan i will get similar error.

This Test Plan includes Test suites I didn't face any issue while adding the Test case to that Test suites and saving the Test Suite.

Regards,
Mohan

Paul Slauenwhite commented Nov 30 '16, 6:51 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

What version of RQM?  Is that test case you're trying to add to the test plan contained in one of the test suites associated with the test plan?

mohan kumar commented Nov 30 '16, 7:00 a.m. | edited Nov 30 '16, 7:02 a.m.

RQM 6.0.2 ifix006. No, its not contained in any of the test suites associated with the test plan

One answer

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Nov 30 '16, 7:03 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
This looks like a defect.  Please open a RQM defect.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.