It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to limit user's ability to self-approve in the formal review section?

Nick Almer (1812) | asked May 05 '14, 8:58 a.m.
 When working with formal reviews in RQM, is there a way to restrict users from assigning themselves as the reviewer or approver in the formal review section of test artifacts?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Antonio Napoles (2861) | answered May 06 '14, 11:44 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Nick,

Currently there is no way to do that. Any user is able to go to an artifact and claim that it needs to be reviewed by himself by adding an approval with its own user. In the other side, it is an interesting item to be considered in our advisors.

Thought: you could add required approvals of a certain type of user (i.e. test leader) on the project area configuration to restrict approved states of artifact using normal users (i.e. test team members) approvals.
Nick Almer selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Nick Almer commented May 07 '14, 9:45 a.m.

Thank you for the response and suggested alternative.

I'm going to open an RFE to request this functionality.

We like to have all our experienced testers involved in the review process.  Restricting the approvals to leads only could cause a bottleneck effect and delayed approvals, or hasty approvals that overlook an error.

I have considered adding a precondition to require two approvals so that no individual can be the sole approver of their own work.  This option is not perfect, and it creates extra work for the end user; who now has to add two approvers and approve the artifact himself.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.