It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

WI Template - The owner of the Workitem should be the approver - how to do this ?

Sharadha Murugappan (31114) | asked Jul 19 '19, 12:04 a.m.
edited Jul 19 '19, 12:04 a.m.
Hello,

I am trying to change the approver of a WI to the owner of the WI, whenever there is a change the approver should match the value in the owned by field - how to do this automatically without Jazz API.

Are there any configurations or settings available at the template level?

2 answers

permanent link
sreenath v (78167) | answered Jul 19 '19, 2:51 a.m.

If my understanding is correct you want to get the owner name as approvers name while you are giving for approving to  person.I think you need to use a script based condition in attribute customization thorugh rtc client or plugin for the same.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jul 19 '19, 2:53 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jul 19 '19, 2:55 a.m.
  1. It does not make any sense to have the owner be an approver. If that is the business rule, at least my common sense would say: leave the approval out. It is meaningless anyway. I wonder where the requirement comes form. 
  2. There is no way I am aware to do that without using the API.
  3. It would be possible to tie ownership to a state change. Again, API. Example: https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2014/05/26/only-owner-can-close-workitem-advisor/

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jul 19 '19, 5:54 a.m. | edited Jul 19 '19, 5:55 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

PS, there is a built in capability to prevent the work item owner to be approver of their own work item. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.