It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Files are not importing to fetched folder while performing build

Narasimha Devarapalli (1211010) | asked Jun 26 '14, 7:15 a.m.
 Hi Team,

I'v imported a project from SVN dump in RTC. Files are loaded in my workspace.

But when I perform build files are not created at "fetched" directory.

Please help me here.

Thanks & Regards,
Narasimha Rao D.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Lily Wang (4.9k714) | answered Jun 30 '14, 8:11 a.m.
Hi Narasimha,
On Windows 7 or Windows 2008, accessing "C:\Program Files (x86)"  or "C:\Program Files" requires full administration permission.
Could you try to change the "Load Directory" to some other directory such as "C:\temp\fetched" and see if the source files can be loaded?

Narasimha Devarapalli selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Narasimha Devarapalli commented Jun 30 '14, 9:21 a.m.

Thank you Lily wang..I ran build engine with Administration access. Files are loaded now.

5 other answers

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Jun 26 '14, 7:47 a.m.
can u tell us more about the build setup?
when I use the RTC Build engine/definition my test project setup looks like this
the area in the red box defines where to put the source on the build server
and what to do about existing source found there and how to handle the 'components' in the
workspace.

permanent link
Narasimha Devarapalli (1211010) | answered Jun 26 '14, 8:38 a.m.
Here I mentioned "fetched" as relative to my build engine location.

Full path is "C:\Program Files (x86)\ibm\TeamConcertBuild\buildsystem\buildengine\eclipse"

Project files should be loaded in C:\Program Files (x86)\ibm\TeamConcertBuild\buildsystem\buildengine\eclipse\fetched

Build file location should "fetched\Payroll_Proj\build.xml

I'm unable to attach the screenshot here.

Comments
sam detweiler commented Jun 26 '14, 8:46 a.m.

so, the 'load directory' in your build definition should be
   "C:\Program Files (x86)\ibm\TeamConcertBuild\buildsystem\buildengine\eclipse"
can u get the path without the spaces? probably
   "C:\Progra~2\ibm\TeamConcertBuild\buildsystem\buildengine\eclipse"

and the component name is 'fetched'?  or there is only one component and it has a folder inside called 'fetched'?

you have two choices on component

• check box NOT checked ( create folders for component)
           then all the root folders/files in all the components will go into the 'Load Directory' location
  • check box checked,
            a folder will be created for each component, using the component NAME
     then the files for each component will be loaded into their respective folders.

permanent link
Narasimha Devarapalli (1211010) | answered Jun 27 '14, 6:00 a.m.

Yes..Create folder for component checkbox is unchecked. and load directory is "fetched" which starts after eclipse directory.

I didn't create any directory with component name. But still files are not loading into "fetched" directory.

Please help me.

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Jun 27 '14, 10:09 a.m.
edited Jun 27 '14, 10:14 a.m.
could u send me the screen shot of your build def page for load directory.

and a screen shot for the directory tree where the build engine is running.

did a build run?  if so, could u show me the screen shot of the top of the build log?
the top of my Jenkins build log says
RTC : checkout...
RTC Checkout : Source control setup
RTC Checkout : Deleting fetch destination "M:\builds\test workpace" before fetching ...
RTC Checkout : Fetching files to fetch destination "M:\builds\test workpace" ...
RTC Checkout : Fetching Completed
and this path matches what is in the build definition load directory field

(put in answer so I can edit later)
samdtw at gmail

permanent link
Narasimha Devarapalli (1211010) | answered Jun 30 '14, 5:01 a.m.
 Hi ,

Below is the build log,

2014-06-29 20:41:51 [Jazz build engine] running on host: INFBZ1044
2014-06-29 20:41:51 [Jazz build engine] Should build occur?
2014-06-29 20:41:51 [Jazz build engine] Yes: Always build a user initiated request.

2014-06-29 20:41:52 [Jazz build engine] Invoking pre-build participant "com.ibm.team.build.jazzscm"
2014-06-29 20:41:56 [Jazz build engine] Accepting changes into workspace "Payroll-PVCS-SVN Stream Workspace" ...
2014-06-29 20:42:06 [Jazz build engine] Fetching files to fetch destination "C:\Program Files (x86)\ibm\TeamConcertBuild\buildsystem\buildengine\eclipse\fetched" ...
2014-06-29 20:42:12 [Jazz build engine] Invoking build participant "com.ibm.team.build.ant"
Unable to locate tools.jar. Expected to find it in C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\lib\tools.jar
Buildfile: C:\Program Files (x86)\ibm\TeamConcertBuild\buildsystem\buildengine\eclipse\fetched\Payroll_Proj\build.xml does not exist!
Build failed
Build failed. Exit value was 1.
2014-06-29 20:42:13 [Jazz build engine] Invoking post-build participant "com.ibm.team.build.autoDeliver"
2014-06-29 20:42:15 [Jazz build engine] Aborting post-build deliver. The current post-build deliver trigger policy is set to "NO_WARNINGS" and the build status is "ERROR".

Below commandline data for buildengine:

C:\Users\narasimha>cd C:\Program Files (x86)\ibm\TeamConcertBuild\buildsystem\bu
ildengine\eclipse

C:\Program Files (x86)\ibm\TeamConcertBuild\buildsystem\buildengine\eclipse>jbe
-repository https://9.77.81.239:9443/ccm -userId narasimha -pass narasimha -engi
neId Payroll_Proj_PVCS_SVN_engine
2014-06-29 20:40:33 [Jazz build engine] Running build loop...
2014-06-29 20:40:33 [Jazz build engine] Waiting for request...
2014-06-29 20:41:51 [Jazz build engine] Found a user request for build definitio
n "Payroll_Proj_PVCS_SVN_build".
2014-06-29 20:42:15 [Jazz build engine] Waiting for request...

I'm unable to upload images here..getting reputation > 60 error.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.