It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Version control for Scripts written in RTC

Deepali Deshmukh (8913759) | asked Feb 14 '17, 2:08 a.m.
edited Feb 14 '17, 2:11 a.m.

I am having many different scripts for calculated and value set in RTC. There are frequent changes from the client and we need to update the scripts as and when required. We need to keep the track of changes made to the script. But in the present scenario that's not possible, as we directly update it. Is there any way to version control these scripts in RTC Source code or any other way to do so. 

Thanks in Advance!!
Deepali Nigade.

Comments
Deepali Deshmukh commented Feb 21 '17, 6:33 a.m.

Where are the scripts in RTC stored, I can see the path  <script class="com.example.CRReplannedTestValueProviders" path="/workitem/scripts/common/crreplannedlatecontent_updated.js"/>. May be its store at server side. Is it possible to create Symbolic Link  and then store it under RTC SCM.

Can anyone help me on this!! 

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.0k33645) | answered Feb 14 '17, 2:21 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Feb 14 '17, 2:21 a.m.

The scripts you develop can be kept under version control like any other text file. You can use any RTC SCM capable client. Eclipse supports JavaScript editing as well.

Comments
Deepali Deshmukh commented Feb 21 '17, 6:37 a.m. | edited Feb 21 '17, 6:38 a.m.

How will the scripts sync to Project area-> Process configuration->work item-> Attribute customization. I think will have to copy past the script from RTC to Attribute customization and that not accepted. 

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 21 '17, 6:56 a.m. | edited Feb 21 '17, 7:07 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You have to deploy the changed scripts manually. Like for any other software, the sources can be versioned, and you have to deal with the build and deploy using other tools. There is a feature to load a script from disk in the Eclipse client. Copy paste is not necessary.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.