It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I find the user that delivered changeset to a stream using Jazz SCM CLI?

Jon Ware (111) | asked Apr 20 '18, 10:23 a.m.

I'd like to be retrieve the ID of the user that delivered a particular changeset to the stream (rather than the author of the changeset) using the CLI tools.

Is this possible (RTC 6.0.4)?

Thanks in advance

One answer

permanent link
Ulf Arne Bister (1.3k413) | answered Apr 27 '18, 4:02 a.m.

Jon,
with RTC 6.0.4 you can use operations history to see who delivered what changeset from which workspace or stream to a particular stream: https://jazz.net/blog/index.php/2017/07/13/new-source-control-features-in-rational-team-concert-6-0-4/

There is no indication of what kind of client (Eclipse, CLI, VS) was used. Unless you only load particularly named workspaces in each I would not know of a way to distinguish.

What is the underlying use case?

gg,
Arne

Comments
Jon Ware commented May 04 '18, 5:45 a.m.

Arne,

Thank you for your reply.

I'm able to see this in the Eclipse client, but am looking to find a way of retrieving this same information from the command line tools.

Specifically, this is with a view to improving our (Jenkins-based) continuous integration system.  Currently we have this emailing the author of all delivered changesets in the event of a broken build, but it would be much more useful for the person who delivered the changesets to be notified (who may or may not be their author).

Kind regards,
Jon

Ulf Arne Bister commented May 04 '18, 6:52 a.m.

Hi Jon,
>scm show history
for Components lists change sets with "created by" and "added by" info. Obviously this would need to be parsed. Depending on whether you use any Jazz build tool calls from your Jenkins you might want to consider a custom jazz build tool plugin that utilizes the RTC Java API to get the information and either directly do the notification or spit out the parsed list.
That said, of course any standalone java executable running against the RTC SDK could accomplish the same.

- Arne

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.