It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unsubscribe work item per email?

Stephane Rodet (1733) | asked Jan 13 '14, 3:24 a.m.
Hi all,

Very often I find myself seeing a new work item notification in my inbox and realizing I don't need anymore to be on the subscriber list. Currently my workflow is clicking on the web link, login in (often), getting to the links tab, searching my name in the list, clicking on the cross to remove myself from the list, and saving.
It would be very efficient to be able to forward the notification to "unscribe@rtchost", or better, click an "unsubscribe this work item" in the notification link. Would be a great deal for reducing the incoming emails.

Is there already such a feature, or else could this be taken as product feature suggestion?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Vladimir Amelin (70472226) | answered Jan 13 '14, 3:37 a.m.
Stephane Rodet selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Susan Hanson (1.6k2201194) | answered Jan 13 '14, 7:26 a.m.
Using the eclipse client (I am on 4.0.0.1), you can create a query of all work items Subscribed By <containing> Current User to list all work items you are subscribed to (or limit it by adding other parameters).

Then from the Work Items list, I can select 1 or more and right-click, in the Menu there is a "Subscriptions -> Unsubscribe Me". 

Susan

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103) | answered Jan 13 '14, 3:39 a.m.
Hi Stephanie,
Good point! There is no such function in RTC yet, but we have RFE for that: https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=235252. Feel free to subscribe to that enhancement.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.