It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I revert an RTC workspace to a point in time?

Michael Whitner (5611010) | asked Sep 06 '12, 5:07 p.m.
edited Oct 13 '17, 3:59 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)

I wanted to "Refresh" my "Pending Changes" view and accidentally/reflexively selected "Accept All Incoming Baselines And Change sets"  resulting in some 70+ change sets being added to my workspace.  I have no snapshot or baseline for the workspace because it wasn't my intention to accept change sets.  Unfortunately, the stream from where these changes sets originated is currently unstable therefore making my workspace unstable.  What I would like to do is somehow restore the workspace to a point in time (say 2012/09/06 at 12:00am).  Is this possible?

I'm a long time CVS user/admin and a novice RTC user.  Using a very simplistic scenario I would check out the tip of my working branch into one sandbox on the file system.  Then I would checkout my working branch using a date/time parameter into another sandbox on the file system.  I would then copy the date/time sandbox over top of the tip sandbox and commit that back to the my working  branch.

One answer

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Oct 13 '17, 4:05 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Prior to RTC 6.0.4 there was no simple 'time based' approach to restore your workspace to a particular point. The only workaround was to show the change set history of each component in your repository workspace and discard change sets from the tip of the history (till you get to the point that you want). Another approach might be to replace the component with an older baseline, then accept change sets 'up' to the point that you want.

However in RTC 6.0.5 we introduced a new "Operation History" feature that makes this use case extremely trivial.
Please see the following article for more information on this feature: https://jazz.net/library/article/89462

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.