It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Allocation Report not possible in JRS

Yogashree M (7418) | asked Mar 16 '18, 7:45 a.m.

Hello Team,

I am Trying to fetch the Allocation report for resources in Project .
To give more insight we need the report of how much the resource is loaded and how much he is available for utilization.Project_Allocation Table in RIDW Gives null results in JRs.

Please suggest on this.

Thanks,
Yogashree.M

3 answers

permanent link
Cathy Xu (390515) | answered Mar 19 '18, 3:07 a.m.

There is no OOTB DCC ETL populate RIODS.Project_Allocation table.
You will need to customize DCC to populate RIODS.Project_Allocation data and then write advanced SQL to report on it. Both tasks are not easy.

permanent link
Amy Silberbauer (30657) | answered Mar 16 '18, 8:21 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi,
Without using Advanced SQL, this is very difficult report to write. It actually is something I am working on but quite complex. Happy to talk with you directly about what would be required, if you want to contact me directly: asilber@us.ibm.com.
Amy

permanent link
Amy Silberbauer (30657) | answered Mar 19 '18, 1:42 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi,
Let's be clear. There is information that can be accessed about resources and allocation but not from the Project perspective as mentioned. Since you specifically called out that table, I defer to Cathy's expertise on that. However, you can look at it from another "lense". The report I am working on approaches it from the resource perspective instead of the project perspective. Resources own Tasks and Tasks are assigned to projects and have planned and actual hours associated with them. Still, quite complex.
Amy

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.