It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Customizing the dashboard view of report created using Report Builder

Manjunatha Srinivasappa (132) | asked Oct 31 '19, 4:21 a.m.
I am currently looking for two possibilities in the dashboard widget.

1. As we know we can select filters in the dashboard widget of Report Builder. The choice of filters user selected is very important information of report results. I know that we can open the report in a separate window to view all the selected choices. But I would like to see at least filters information directly in the dashboard widget. This helps a lot to quickly understand the report. 
2. I have custom expressions behind my reports so user cannot predict the report how is it computed. In order to solve this problem I would like add short description of the report may be at the bottom of the widget.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ian Wark (79713553) | answered Oct 31 '19, 9:59 p.m.
Please correct me if I misunderstand.

1. You can also click on the Filters pencil in the top left corner of a Report Builder /rs widget in a dashboard and it will show all the filters that are currently being applied in the graph or table displayed. If you open in a new window it will show not just the filters but all the choices made in generating the report such as if it uses LQE datasource or data warehouse etc.. So to me it seems like there are already some options to understand how the report is configured from the dashboard. I think it would be an enhancement request if you wanted to display the filters without clicking on anything. In my opinion, if there are a lot of filters, it would be hard to fit that information and tend to clutter the table or graph.

2. I am not aware of a way to add a label to reports other than the title or the legend. I looked but couldn't find an existing enhancement request. You can raise one from the RFE Community. Choose "Internet of Things" and "Jazz Reporting Service (JRS)" for brand and product.

RFE Community
Manjunatha Srinivasappa selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Matt Muller (59813674) | answered Nov 01 '19, 4:49 a.m.

Item 2 : If you are creating a dashboard then use a different widget to add in the Text - or did you want this automated in some way?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.