It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

JRS - Production and Staging?

Mahari Hill (4861169230) | asked Jan 19 '16, 11:48 a.m.
CLM 502.

All, we have 502 on server1. We want to update the UAT server (server2) with the latest data from production. I have been given ONE additional machine to install JRS on. Can it connect to both the production and UAT machines?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Steven Shaw (55113) | answered Jan 19 '16, 7:15 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hello Mahari,

I'm not sure I fully understand... Are you wondering if a deployment of JRS can attach to both a staging deployment of CLM DW and a production deployment DW of CLM?  If this is what you're asking - yes it can.  As a report manager you would navigate to the Data sources tab and manually add a new data source for either the production or staging DW (depending on where JRS is installed).  As long as you know the Data Warehouse password for the functional user you can do this.

Then during report creation you can select which Data source you want to create the report on - whether it be the Staging or Production DW.

Hope that helps,

-Steve
Mahari Hill selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.