It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Trying to import an erased artifact the artifact gets duplicated and the information is not getting updated

Salvador Robles (136) | asked Oct 09 '17, 1:15 p.m.

DOORS Next Generation version 6.0.1

The module was created and a set of artifacts was imported into the module, for some various reasons a lot of those artifacts had to be erased from the module, but not from the folder. Now I'm importing a CSV reusing some of the ids that were erased, and the artifacts are actually appearing again in the module, but the information is not being updated, and when I try to update the module by importing the CSV file again using the option "Update artifacts that match entries, and create artifacts for new entries" the ids are being duplicated.

Is there anyway to avoid all this and be able to update these artifacts with the latest information?

Comments
Salvador Robles commented Oct 12 '17, 9:05 a.m.

Found someone with the same problem since last year, still, no answer to his question either:

Donald Nong commented Oct 16 '17, 2:40 a.m.

Which column in the CSV file is the "id"?

Salvador Robles commented Oct 16 '17, 7:56 a.m.

Hello Donald, the first column in the CSV file is the "id" column, we are able to update most all the artifacts in that same module, except for those that were erased.

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k614) | answered Oct 16 '17, 9:36 p.m.

I can reproduce the same issue with DNG 6.0.4 iFix003. I believe you can raise a defect straightaway or contact IBM Support. Here are the steps to reproduce.
1. Create a module.
2. Create two new artifacts within the module.
3. Export the two artifacts to an XLSX file.
4. Remove one of the artifacts from the module.
5. (Optional) Modify the XLSX file and change the primary text of the artifacts.
6. Import artifacts from the XLSX file into the module with option "Update artifacts that match entries, and create artifacts for new entries".
7. Observe that the artifacts are added back to the module, but the primary text is not updated.
8. Repeat step 6.
9. Observe that the previously added artifact is added again, with the same ID.

Comments
Rosa Naranjo commented Oct 18 '17, 1:17 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Using 6.0.4 iFix003, I can reproduce only the results in step 9, duplication of already added artifact.  For me, the primary text is updated.

Donald Nong commented Oct 18 '17, 8:24 p.m.

Rosa, it seems to me that adding the artifact to a module and updating the primary text one at a time with the current implementation. Importing the XLSX file into the module folder appears to always update the primary text correctly. The duplication of ID is a big worry though.

Rosa Naranjo commented Oct 23 '17, 6:29 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Apparently import CSV does not support adding an existing artifact back into a module.  This must be done via the web ui.  Once the artifact exists in a module, then the import CSV operation can be used to update the primaryText and other attributes if the row contains the id of the artifact.
https://jazz.net/jazz03/web/projects/Requirements%20Management#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=118894

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.