It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I get by RB as issues all requirements with ASIL A Linked To requirements with ASIL QM (only QM) ?

elemer corponoi (132) | asked Jul 29 '22, 5:25 a.m.
edited Jul 29 '22, 6:14 a.m.

Case 1 - to be reported as Issue

REQ 1 with ASIL A -------- LinkedTo------  REQ2 with ASIL QM     
Case 2 - NOT  to be reported 

REQ 1 with ASIL A ---------LinkedTo------  REQ 2 with ASIL QM     
                               ---------LinkedTo------  REQ 3 with ASIL   A

I tried few ways with Report Builder but I always got Case 2 as False Positive result .

Thank you 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ian Barnard (2.0k613) | answered Jul 29 '22, 6:49 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jul 29 '22, 12:29 p.m.

Start your report from the ASIL QM artifacts by setting the condition that the starting artifact has it's asil attribute set to QM, with required link 'from' an ASIL A artifact (i.e. REQ 2) and with 'not exists' for link to another artifact - depending how specific your example is to your actual data you may not need to set the condition for ASIL A . This works, at least for my simple data which I've created from your case 1 and case 2, assuming "---LinkedTo---" is actually a directional link from left to right, i.e. "---LinkedTo--->>"

If there are more LinkedTo than you've shown or random-direction links then you probably need to get in control of linking - perhaps by introducing different custom links for different meanings (i.e. instead of blanket usage of LinkedTo), and perhaps by ensuring users create links in a controlled way to meet your reporting requirements. Another solution may be customise the query in Advanced Properties but that's to be avoided if possible as it makes the report harder to maintain.

elemer corponoi selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
elemer corponoi commented Aug 02 '22, 10:22 a.m. | edited Aug 02 '22, 10:25 a.m.

Hi Jan

We migrate now to Jazz and I need to convert previous queries .
link to an example https://freeimage.host/i/Srli91

L3 EE Req Refines multiple  L2 SYS reqs.
The goal of this report is to get all cases where the L3 req ASIL > any of L2 req ASIL .(i.e. ASIL A > ASIL QM)..That's why I need to start from the "bottom" (L3 level).

L2 SYS req is RefinedBy multiple L3 EE reqs.
If I want to get all L2 requirements Refined by L3 reqs and L2 ASIL >  any of L3 ASIL then I start from the top (L2).

Thank you

Ian Barnard commented Aug 03 '22, 12:23 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I imagine that's either going to be a complex SPARQL query in the Advanced sectoin of Report Builder, or you could consider developing a DN Extension which runs in the browser and populates an attribute with a value you can easily filter on. See https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RMExtensionsMain - you can probably start from the ASIL example which updates an attribute.

elemer corponoi commented Aug 03 '22, 1:28 p.m.

On medium term I'll try to write a SPARQL query.On short term maybe powerbi analysis on a RB report could work.RM extension seems complicated to me right now but still consider it.

Thanks for your help

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.