It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Exporting from Excel results in error CRRRS4242E when text contains hyperlink

Benjamin Gawert (133) | asked Oct 22 '21, 8:32 a.m.

When exporting data from a requirements module in RDNG 7.0.2 into an Excel file, if the requirement text contains a hyperlink (e.g. for the glossary) then instead of the requirement text the Excel cell contains the following error message:

CRRRS4242E This content cannot be exported because it contains malformed text or hyperlinks,

A quick search only brought up a link to an IBM support page discussing a similar issue in RDNG 6.0.6:

However, it also states the issue has been fixed in RDNG 6.0.6.1, yet it still happens on 7.0.2?

Is there a workaround so I can be sure that when exporting to Excel I get the actual data (I don't care if the hyperlink is transferred into the Excel file) and not this error?

More importantly, has this been recognized as bug and are there plans to fix this?

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Oct 22 '21, 8:43 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I would suggest to open a case with IBM support. 

One answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21114139) | answered Nov 04 '21, 7:28 p.m.
Hi, Benjamin

As you have found, there is a defect found in v6.0.6 and fixed in 6.0.6.1.
According to the defect work item:
https://jazz.net/jazz03/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/128677

it seems that the fix in v6.0.6.1 is because the same problem reported can not be reproduced
in v6.0.6.1. So there is no 'real' fix for the specific issue in the above defect.
What you found could be a defect and need a thorough investigation and a fix in v7.0.2,
as Ralph suggested, the best approach is to raise a case to the support to get it addressed properly.

Comments
Benjamin Gawert commented Nov 09 '21, 10:00 a.m.

Thanks! it indeed appears to be a zombie instance of that old bug.

I'll open a case with IBM and see how it goes. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.