It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Do you have instructions for installing Rational Synchronization Server 1.4.0.5 on Linux. All the instructions I have found are for windows installations.

Joe Kupiec (111) | asked Jul 21 '16, 2:11 p.m.
edited Jul 21 '16, 2:14 p.m.

I did the best I could with the windows instructions. I have installed a separate Tomcat and pointed the RSS environment variable CATALINA_HOME to the tomcat installation and JRE_HOME to the jre 1.6 installation on the Linux box.  I tested the Tomcat installation via a web page and everything in Tomacat works. When I try to actually install RSS using the 1.4.05 installer for Linux on Redhat 6.x everything seems to go fine and then I get installation error messages. Please see the log.  I can't find the log.   I would like to know where the Linux instructions are and where the log would be relative to the installation directory. Another bit of info, I selected to install the server and Rational Change to RTC synchronizer.

Thanks ahead.

Comments
Donald Nong commented Jul 22 '16, 4:59 a.m.

A tough call. Many links (not that many actually) related to it are already broken. The strange thing is I cannot find it in the Software Compatibility Report or the End of Service list - as if it has not existed before.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.