It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Installation of JRS / DCC on another server in 6.0.1

V Niranjan (12545173) | asked Apr 16 '16, 10:34 p.m.

Hi

I have a question on installation of JRS / DCC v 6.0.1 .

I have the following 3 server.

Server1

CLM 6.0.1 with WAS will be installed. I am clear on this installation and setup.

Server2

DB2 will be installed. This is also fine

Server 3

Now on Server 3 if I need to install JRS / DCC only then how do I go about and run the setup. Do I need to install WAS as well.  REQUEST TO LET ME KNOW THE STEPS THAT WOULD BE INVOLVED HERE for installation and setup.

Regards

Niranjan V

Accepted answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Apr 17 '16, 11:17 p.m.
Hi, Niranjan

You may access to interactive install guide (http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_6.0.1/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/roadmap_form.html?lang=en) and select only JRS/DCC as well as application server(such as WAS and you will need it to deploy the applications) and you will get the steps on how to install those two applications and deploy to WAS.

When doing setup, you will also need to going through registration via jts/setup(supposed that you have shared one JTS even though jrs/dcc are on different server).
https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/c_planning_install.html&scope=null

Because jrs and dcc are on different server, you need to manually register them(step 7-d in the above setup link)

Hopefully this helps.
V Niranjan selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
V Niranjan commented Apr 18 '16, 5:59 a.m.

Thanks Don.

So I believe on Server 3 I will need to run DCC/setup.? Hope this is correct and will need to connect to the JTS which is installed on Server 1.

I would anyway have to run JTS/Setup on Server 1

Don Yang commented Apr 18 '16, 6:26 a.m.

I dont think you need to run dcc/setup(there is no such setup anyway). you will only need to run jts/setup and register jrs and dcc applications manually(step 7-d )

V Niranjan commented Apr 18 '16, 10:08 a.m.

Sure thanks for your quick replies.

V Niranjan commented Aug 30 '16, 10:32 p.m.

Hi Don

Sorry for this reply. Should I run jts/setup on server1 or server3 and register them manually.

Please let me know.

Regards

Niranjan V

Don Yang commented Aug 31 '16, 12:46 a.m.

you run jts/setup on server 1 and register dcc installed on server3 manually during jts/setup

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.