It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CLM 4.0.3 single server upgrade to v5.0.2 multi-server deployment

Rob Farris (13274) | asked Mar 10 '15, 3:16 p.m.
I am curious to see if there are any notable items when upgrading a single server CLM 4.0.3 instance to a multi-server deployment using v5.0.2.  Are there differences with licenses?  How can the URL be addressed when going from a single server with JTS, CCM, RM, and QM running to a multi-server deployment where JTS, CCM, RM, and QM are running on seperate servers?  The upgrade guide seems to suggest it will preserve the URI... 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Abraham Sweiss (2.4k1331) | answered Mar 10 '15, 4:23 p.m.
Hello

The licensing should be the same.  However when moving from a Departmental to enterprise topology, I would suggest adding a reverse proxy and running on Websphere.  The reverse proxy will be the mechanism for the continued use of the existing public uri.  For more details on setting up a reverse proxy see the following article:

https://jazz.net/library/article/745/#mozTocId438966

And when using Websphere, SSO is supported.
Rob Farris selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Rob Farris commented Mar 11 '15, 12:09 p.m.

How quick is the WAS installation and deployment of the WAR files?  I am trying to determine how this will impact time required with a client.  Just looking for a ballpark estimate.

Abraham Sweiss commented Mar 11 '15, 1:30 p.m.

It all depends on your level of comfort with Websphere.  If you have not installed and configured RTC on Websphere using a reverse proxy, I would suggest setting up a departmental topology first just to get your feet wet.  Then test setting up a enterprise topology.  This can all be done on a laptop.

installing and setting up a Websphere profile is relatively simple, the  items that take the longest are setting up security, making sure the jvm settings are configured, and applying all the needed custom properties.  

All the needed configurations for Websphere can be found in the Knowledge Center.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.