It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error after publishing the Custom Plan view to RTC Process Template?

Surender Biyyala (403448) | asked Feb 25 '15, 7:36 a.m.
edited Feb 26 '15, 7:42 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645)
 Hi All,

I Created a Custom Plan view and then I promoted it and then added the Plan view to the one of the Plan Type.
Then when accessing the plans after this I`m getting an issuea s mentioned below CUstom Plan view issue

The following is the Plan view that I promoted
Custom Plan View

Can some help me in getting this resolved ?

Thanks
Surender

Accepted answer

permanent link
Rohit Balduwa (945411) | answered Feb 27 '15, 5:42 a.m.
edited Feb 27 '15, 5:44 a.m.
Hi Surender

Issue addressed via PMR(updating the solution as could be helpful for other users):
The Plan Types were inaccessible because of some manual modifications done by the Admin in the process configuration source.

An excerpt of manually modified PA configuration source file which has issues:
----
<configuration-data xmlns="<http://com.ibm.team.apt.configuration/planTypes>" final="false" id="com.ibm.team.apt.configuration.plantypes">
                               <plantype icon="/icons/obj16/backlog_plan_obj.gif" id="com.ibm.team.apt.plantype.product.backlog" name="Product Backlog">
                                   <planitems definition="com.ibm.team.apt.planitems.projectReleasePlan"/>
                                   <planmodes>
                                    <planmode definition="com.ibm.team.apt.viewmodes.internal.productBacklog.workBreakdown"/>
                                       <planmode definition="com.ibm.team.apt.viewmodes.internal.productBacklog.ranking"/>
                                   </planmodes>
                                   <planchecks>
                                       <plancheck definition="com.ibm.team.apt.plancheck.invalidEstimateCheck"/>
                                       <plancheck definition="com.ibm.team.apt.plancheck.requiredAttribute"/>
                                   </planchecks>
                                   <scheduler definition="com.ibm.team.apt.scheduler.agileScheduler"/>
                                   <planmodes default="com.ibm.team.apt.viewmodes.internal.productBacklog.ranking"/>
                               </plantype>

Excerpt of the Correct version of code:
--------
<configuration-data xmlns="<http://com.ibm.team.apt.configuration/planTypes>" final="false" id="com.ibm.team.apt.configuration.plantypes">
                               <plantype icon="/icons/obj16/backlog_plan_obj.gif" id="com.ibm.team.apt.plantype.product.backlog" name="Product Backlog">
                                   <planitems definition="com.ibm.team.apt.planitems.projectReleasePlan"/>
                                   <planmodes default="com.ibm.team.apt.viewmodes.internal.productBacklog.ranking">
                                       <planmode definition="com.ibm.team.apt.viewmodes.internal.productBacklog.workBreakdown"/>
                                       <planmode definition="com.ibm.team.apt.viewmodes.internal.productBacklog.ranking"/>
                                   </planmodes>
                                   <planchecks>
                                       <plancheck definition="com.ibm.team.apt.plancheck.invalidEstimateCheck"/>
                                       <plancheck definition="com.ibm.team.apt.plancheck.requiredAttribute"/>
                                   </planchecks>
                                   <scheduler definition="com.ibm.team.apt.scheduler.agileScheduler"/>
                                </plantype>

Once the PlanModes tags are corrected, the Plan types tab is accessible.

If this answers your question please mark it as accepted.

Regards,
Rohit

Surender Biyyala selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Surender Biyyala commented Feb 27 '15, 6:05 a.m.

yes this worked for me but no one changed the process template manually.

The extra tag is added when I tried to promote the view from the UI i.e., from the "Process Configuration" tab in eclipse client.

Seems like this is abug and needs to be fixed.

Thanks
Surender

One other answer

permanent link
Sunil Kumar R (1.1k13044) | answered Feb 26 '15, 10:50 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Surender, I found a similar post earlier with same error trace as the one you see.
The cause was that the RTC process template used was 'Unconfigured Process' which is a blank process template and usually used in a process sharing situation.

First point: Is your case similar? If yes, you might want to try the steps on the project area sharing the process template (PARENT) than on the one consuming/ running unconfigured process (CHILD).

If not, perhaps somebody might have to look at the template /try replicating.
Do you see anything in the eclipse .log? or in RTC (ccm.log) of interest here?

Best Regards, Sunil

Comments
Surender Biyyala commented Feb 26 '15, 11:01 a.m.

Hi Sunil,

Thanks for your response.
In my case I`m using the Parent Project Area which is directly using the Template. and I do not see any error messages in ccm.log and eclipse has the following log.

ENTRY com.ibm.team.apt.ide.ui 4 0 2015-02-26 14:38:52.802
!MESSAGE Exception running 'Loading additional data for 'Plan Types'...'
!STACK 0
com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: Can't find data element for @com.ibm.team.apt.internal.common.process.Path(to=, flags=0, value=planmodes@default, refines=false, from=, defaultDefinition=)@getDefaultPlanMode. Expected one element, but found <missing argument>.
at com.ibm.team.apt.internal.common.process.NodeBasedValueComputer.checkStrict(NodeBasedValueComputer.java:170)

Thanks
Surender

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.