It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Tracked workitems on Plan View

Chris Thompson (11268) | asked Feb 15 '13, 10:36 a.m.
I have a Cross Project Plan (in RTC 4.0.1) with Plan Items linked (using the "Tracks/Contributes to") to workitems in other Project Areas and Repositories. I have created this Plan View:

Plan View with Tracks

However no information about the linked workitems is displayed in the view, just the tool-tip "This item is a linked Change Request"

Is this a bug? Am I missing something?

2 answers

permanent link
wolfgang steindl (2061011) | answered Feb 21 '13, 11:16 a.m.
Here is a screenshot from my RTC 4.0.1. Same scenario. I can see the information from the children.

The grey that's used for the children is very "light grey". Could this be the reason?

permanent link
Chris Thompson (11268) | answered Feb 25 '13, 9:30 a.m.
Thanks, I have found the issue. In order to see the tracked items in the Plan View I needed to:

a) ensure I was logged in to all repositories that contain tracked items (14 of them in my case!)
b) wait until the view loads fully, it seems that the tracked items are "lazy loaded" i.e. they appear as I scroll the view rather than when the plan view is loaded initially

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.