It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to show actual test cell or lab resources used for an execution?

Taly Hotimsky (2714557) | asked Jul 23 '14, 3:11 p.m.
edited Jul 24 '14, 9:52 a.m.
 I understand Test Environments are "what you plan to test on" while Lab Resources/Test Cells represent the actual environment available for testing.

When creating an execution record we assign a test environment to that (ie. tests executions for this record must use lab resources that match the environment selected). So far so good.

However, I don't see a way to display in the Test Execution Result which lab resource or test cell was ACTUALLY used to performed the test.

Real Life.
Test Environment: iPhone 5S with iOS7
Lab Resources: iPhone 5S 16GB with iiSO7.1.2, iPhone 5S 32GB with iOS7.1.1 

How can we tell which iPhone was used in each execution?

One answer

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Jul 29 '14, 8:05 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Unfortunately, lab management resources are not displayed in the Test Execution Result table view.  However, the Test Environment is an available column, which is viewable/sortable/filterable in the Test Execution Result table view

Have you considered using channels (see https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.rational.test.lm.doc/topics/c_channels_overview.html), which are viewable/sortable/filterable in the Test Execution Result table view?

Comments
Taly Hotimsky commented Jul 30 '14, 7:58 a.m.

Hi Paul.

Thanks for your response.
I did. From what I understood of channels, though, it's also something that's assigned to the TCER at the time of creation, not something the Tester inputs along with results.
Also, I couldn't really see the point of channels, so, for this release at least, I didn't enable them.

What we did for now was to add a custom attribute to Results so the tester needs to input the device info that was actually used for testing.

Also, I just found https://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Rational%20Quality%20Manager#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=16303, which would address this.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.