It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

ReqPro baselines

Jeff Foege (45266960) | asked Nov 06 '12, 12:55 p.m.

I was lucky to take over the administration of ReqPro. Someone asked me to create a baseline for a project. I have administration access and we are using version 7.1.2 for the thick client.

When I go to create a baseline I get an error "Cannot get Exclusive lock...." Is there a way to kick people out so I can get exclusive access so I can create a baseline? Or do I have to email each user and ask them to logoff?

I've a total novice to ReqPro so any help would be nice. I tried to use the thick client's help but it doesn't open.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Nov 06 '12, 2:50 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Jeff,

You can kill active ReqWeb sessions from the Web UI using the page below:

http://<RequisiteWeb_server_name>/ReqWeb/ReleaseRPXPool_Page.jsp

If users are logged on through the native client however, they'll need to be logged out for you to gain exclusive access.  You can tell who is logged in by opening the temporary session files in the project folder with the ~.sr extension.  Hope it helps,
Jeff Foege selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Benjamin Silverman commented Nov 06 '12, 2:52 p.m.

Also, I understand that you're probably posting here because you want to upload the ReqPro baseline to RRC, but for ReqPro specific questions, you should post in the ReqPro devWorks forum:

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/forum.jspa?forumID=340

Thanks!

Jeff Foege commented Nov 09 '12, 12:29 p.m.

Thanks Ben! I was able to kick people out and get that exclusive access. Although I was logged in through the client after I kicked people out and tried to create a baseline but it complained again. So I closed my client and tried again. I just thought that since I  had exclusive access in the client and creating a baseline with the same id I thought it would work.

One other answer

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Nov 09 '12, 1:07 p.m.
Hi Jeff,

Yes, the baseline tool needs the exclusive access rather than the ReqPro client.  With the ReqPro client having the exclusive lock, the baseline tool will still complain.  I'm glad it's working now!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.